Events

EPIA 2019

,

he EPIA Conference on Artificial Intelligence is a well-established European conference in the field of AI. The 19th edition, EPIA 2019, will take place in Vila Real in September 3th-6th, 2019.

As in previous editions, this international conference is hosted with the patronage of the Portuguese Association for Artificial Intelligence (APPIA).

The purpose of this conference is to promote research in all areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), covering both theoretical/foundational issues and applications, and the scientific exchange among researchers, engineers and practitioners in related disciplines.

EPIA 2019 will feature a set of thematic tracks (to be announced), covering a wide spectrum of AI topics.

 

We are looking forward to welcome you and provide an excellent stay in this beautiful region!

TECH TUESDAY: Data Science at scale, the case of Farfetch

Language of the event: Portuguese

This talk requires previous knowledge on the subject.

We, at Farfetch, have been running Data Science projects, in production, for the last 4 years. Our aim is to create agile, flexible teams that strike the right balance between delivering value to the platform, doing fundamental research and still having some time left for the cool-stuff(tm).

In this talk we will go over some of those projects, how it impacts the business and what it actually means to do Data Science in this industry.

Spoiler alert: it’s 10% science (come find out about the other 90%!)

The Speaker: João Gomes

João Gomes is a Data Scientist at Farfetch. Since joining the company in 2015, he has helped design and build the in-house recommender system that provides personalized content in the platform. His mission is to help Data Science teams deliver working projects, on time, while maximizing the number of buzzwords he can fit in a powerpoint presentation. He holds a PhD in computational physics and an healthy, data-driven mistrust of people who are social before the first 2 cups of coffee of the day.

Join us!

This event is FREE to attend, but you have to register yourself first.

Bring a Friend and see you there!